WASHINGTON, DC – (September 15, 2023) Women Business Collaborative (WBC) the leading alliance of organizations, companies and individuals working together to achieve equal position, pay and power for all women in business, will hold the 2023 WBC Action for Impact Annual Summit virtually on September 20-21, 2023. The WBC Action for Impact Summit will recognize 10 CEOs honored for their Excellence in Gender Equity and Diversity and 6 Trailblazers in Gender Equity and Diversity. The event will also mark the first summit held under the leadership of WBC’s new CEO, Gwen K. Young.
“The WBC Action for impact Summit isn’t just about dialogue. It’s also about celebrating those who have paved the way for change and those that have driven innovation for impact,” commented Young. “Over our two-day summit, we will have the opportunity to engage in sessions with some of the top industry leaders on how we can continue to collaborate to further establish equal position, pay, and power for all women in business.”
CEO Excellence in Gender Equity and Diversity Award
The CEO Excellence in Gender Equity and Diversity Award recognizes corporate leaders whose efforts have made significant contributions to the advancement of diversity within their companies and increased opportunities for women in business roles.
The 2023 CEO Excellence in Gender Equity and Diversity Award honorees are:
- Brian Moynihan, Bank of America
- Giovanni Caforio MD, Bristol Myers Squibb
- Christine A. Leahy, CDW
- David M. Cordani, The Cigna Group
- Chuck Robbins, Cisco
- Linda Rendle, The Clorox Company
- James Quincey – The Coca-Cola Company
- Jennifer Rumsey – Cummins, Inc.
- Karen S. Lynch – CVS Health
- Sophie Bellon – Sodexo
WBC Trailblazer in Gender Equity & Diversity Award
The WBC Trailblazer in Gender Equity and Diversity Award recognizes individual leaders who have implemented innovative change within their own communities and beyond.
The 2023 WBC Trailblazer in Gender Equity and Diversity Award honorees are:
- Sylvia Mathews Burwell – President, American University
- Cindy Parlow Cone – President, United States Soccer
- Cynthia (Cynt) Marshall – Chief Executive Officer, Dallas Mavericks
- John W. Rogers, Jr. – Founder, Chairman, Co-CEO and Chief Investment Officer, Ariel Investments
- Johnny C. Taylor – CEO, Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- The Honorable Dr. Janet Yellen – 78th Secretary of the Treasury of the United States
The Summit will feature 100 leading executives who are committed to gender equity, diversity, and parity across the workplace. Featured speakers and panelists include:
- Jennifer Klein, Assistant to the President and Director, White House Gender Policy Council
- Oscar Munoz, Executive Chairman and Former CEO, United Airlines
- Jomil Guerrero, Chief Diversity Officer, New York Life Insurance Company
- Michelle Jordan, Chief Diversity Officer, AT&T
- Nichole Barnes Marshall, Chief Diversity Equity & Inclusion Officer, Pinterest
- Doris Meister, Chairman and CEO, Wilmington Trust
- Jacquelyn Puentes, Vice President External Affairs, Comcast NBCUniversal
- Kitty Chaney Reed, VP, Chief Leadership, Culture & Inclusion Officer, IBM
- Sara Toussaint, Co-Owner, North Carolina Courage (Women’s Professional Soccer Team)
- Emily Wilkins, Washington Correspondent, CNBC
- Cid Wilson, CEO and President, Hispanic Association on Corporate Responsibility
- Melinda Wittington, President and Chief Executive Officer, La-Z-Boy
For more information on WBC and to register to attend the 2023 A4I Annual Summit, please visit wbcollaborative.org.
About Women Business Collaborative (WBC)
Women Business Collaborative (WBC) is an unprecedented alliance of more than 83 women’s business organizations and hundreds of business leaders building a movement to achieve equal position, pay, and power for all women in business. Through collaboration, advocacy, action, and accountability, we mobilize thousands of diverse professional women and men, business organizations, public and private companies to accelerate change. For more information on the Women Business Collaborative visit wbcollaborative.org